My 4 year old child waa seen by a deveopmental specialist. Hr is developmentally delayed and weak muscle tone. What could cause this? Should I worry

Dr. Tanya Russo

In brief: Many things

The list of conditions that can cause developmental delay and hypotonia (weakness) is extensive (metabolic disorders, genetic abnormalities, trauma during delivery and more).
Speak with your developmental pediatrician again to get a better idea of what they feel might be the cause. Hopefully, therapy of some sort (physical, occupational and speech) will be initiated, early intervention is key.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Tanya Russo
Dr. Tanya Russo
Dr. Jonathan Jassey