Is it normal for my baby to form attachments to caregivers other than myself?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Yes of course

You are the main one but others are of obvious interest to a normal healthy baby.

In brief: Yes of course

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Johanna Fricke
I'd worry how your caregiver was treating your baby, if baby showed no attachment to her at 6 mos. or >.
Dr. Roy Benaroch

Sure.
Anyone who spends a lot of time loving and taking care of a baby in person will form attachments in both directions-- the caretaker gets attached to the baby, and the baby gets attached to a caretaker. Having multiple attachments to both parents and other caretakers is a good, healthy thing for babies and adults alike.

Sure.
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch