How long does it take for the side effects of sustiva (efavirenz) to go?

Varies, <3 weeks. The side effects of sustiva (efavirenz) (dizziness, vivid dreams, morning grogginess, insomnia) can vary from person to person, but according to studies, it usually goes away within 3 weeks or so. However, everyone is different and I have some patients where it may persist longer. If you are having symptoms which may be related to sustiva (efavirenz), please talk to your primary care provider about this.
Efavirenz.... In addition to the excellent answer from dr. Lee, some get a red, itchy rash. Unless you also get mouth sores and blisters, resist the urge to stop your medication- you are most likely getting an "efavirenz rash" that eventually goes away- diphenhydtramine, calomine, dihpenhydramine, and othe supportive measures will help. This rash appears ~7 days after starting the drug and lasts ~7-10 days.