How long does it take for MS to cause symptoms of dementia?

Unpredictable. Ms doesn't always lead to dementia. Some people have rapidly deteriorating courses & others are fairly stable.
VARIABLE. The overall prevalence of cognitive issues is at least 65% of all ms patients, but the issues are usually mild to moderate. Severe problems tend to involve only about 10% of all patients. However, we do find subtle cognitive issues even in many pts with the earliest of signs (cis) if we search carefully. Fatigue may contribute to further disability. Use potent meds.