How can I treat my own Achilles tendon injury?

In brief: Several items

As long as you are sure that it is not torn, you can rest it, use ice, compression and elevation.
You may want to put a pad in the heel of your shoe to take pressure off the achilles tendon when standing & walking.

In brief: Several items

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Don't

While most doctors do not want to see every person who has an occasional ache or pain which is a normal part of life, an achilles tendon injury is not something to manage yourself.
You should find out how severe the injury is first. A severe injury can progress to a rupture of the tendon which then requires surgery. This is why we go to medical school; to help people like you.

In brief: Don't

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine