Does a low-carb diet alleviate the symptoms of fibromyalgia?

Yes. Carbs are fermented on the small bowel. A low carb diet eradicates this, and minimizes the only macronutrients not needed for life, carbohydrates. My patients who have gone in this direction, improve. This is observational. No studies exist at present that fully support this. However, consider the per capita consumption of sugar is 37lb/ american, & 28.6lbof corn syrup. Up 5x from 1950.
Probably not. While i generally encourage my all of my patients to decrease their intake of simple sugars, and foods with a high glycemic index, I have never seen any studies suggesting that a low carb diet helps with fibromyalgia. I do believe that too much sugar (carbohydrate) particularly simple sugars causes increased inflammation in the body which is probably the root causes of many of the diseases we see.