Could I have pinworms if I have normal poop but my 5 year old had pinworms? Should I take the med anyway?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: No
Used to be if one person in the family had pinworms everybody took the meds.
Now we just treat the one with the worms....Unless that child is sleeping with siblings...Or parents. I do not recommend you take the med just to take it. If you have rectal itching then yes or if you are creeped out by the thought of pinworms- yes...It is one dose one time.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Consider issues
One gets pin worms by putting fingers in the mouth that have been contaminated by eggs of the pin worm.The eggs travel through your intestines, hatch & begin to live in your large intestines.
Living pw's crawl out your anus, lay eggs & finish the cycle.If you get an allergic rxn to the glue like stuff the eggs are laid in, it will itch a lot.The med is simple &unlikely to have side effects.You decide.

In brief: Consider issues
Dr. Jonathan Jassey