How effective are over-the-counter treatments for athlete’s foot?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Very effective

Over the counter athletes foot cream can be very effective if used appropriately and if used for a long enough period of time.
I recommend to my patients to use the cream "twice as long." this means to use it until symptoms are gone, then continue it for the same length of time it has been used to get to that point.

In brief: Very effective

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: OTC ATHLETES FOOT

Otc treatments are usually quite effective when following treatment protocol.
Some otc medications are designed to be used for 1 week and some for 1 month so be sure you read the directions.

In brief: OTC ATHLETES FOOT

Dr. Dennis Frisch
Dr. Dennis Frisch
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine