I get dizzy once a week but its not real bad. my neck hurt at the base of it I think its how I sleep. can it be from tension and the way its position?

Dr. Howard Shapiro

In brief: Could be either one

It could be from either. Try sleeping on your back with a small pillow under your neck.
If the neck pain persists, see your physician to have it evaluated.

In brief: Could be either one

Dr. Howard Shapiro
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Dizzy

There are many factors that contribute to such a condition.
I'm not sure if you mean "lightheaded" or vertigo and if its positional, what makes it better and worse. Keep a diary of the event and then see your doctor. At your age, neck position and vascular compression as the cause of vertigo would be unlikely. Pay attention to your hydration and diet and make sure to mention any other sx to pcp.

In brief: Dizzy

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Edwin Ishoo