My daughter has a painless unmovable lump in her right breast. And her breasts are sore, no redness or anything. Should I be worried?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Needs evaluation

You should be very reassured that breast cancer in an 11 year old is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, but any dominant lump in the breast should be evaluated.
She should see her doctor or provider for a physical exam, and an ultrasound (no radiation) should be done, It is likely a cyst, and an ultrasound will confirm this. Make an appointment.

In brief: Needs evaluation

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Fibroadenomas are benign breast lumps made up of milk-making cells and tight covering "fibrous" tissue; they are common in younger women and even pre-teens. There is another rare usually benign tumor called a phyllodes tumor. Dr. Encarnacion is completely correct though: See a good breast doctor, have a physical and ultrasound exam, and good luck!!!
Dr. Jonathan Jassey