Is there a shingles vaccine?

Dr. Patricia Roy
The vaccine has been on the market for several years, but at first, it was only approved for people 60+ years old.
It was recently, like last week, approved for use in people 50+. It is one shot, once-in-a-lifetime, as of now, with no recommendation for a booster.

Dr. Patricia Roy
Dr. Patricia Roy
The shingles vaccine is made by merck, the makers of the chicken pox vaccine.
Both diseases are caused by the same virus. The shingles vaccine helps prevent outbreaks of shingles. It is not fully effective, so a person can sometimes get shingles even after getting the vaccine. The single-dose vaccine costs about $250 if one's insurance doesn't cover it.

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice
I am not sure, my practice does not involved giving vaccines.
Please ask your primary care doctor.

Please ask your primary care doctor.
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez