Can mothers breastfeed adopted children?

I believe there have been cases where women gave birth to very premature infants whose condition prevented early feeding but went on to sucessfully breast feed later. The process took some harmonal manipulation to reverse the drying out process but did work.
I would consult with an obgyn specialist to see if they could help or knew someone that could.

If you adopt a child while you still have milk from a recent birth, it would be a great idea to breast feed the new child.
Of course, it would be extremely unusual to have milk without a recent pregnancy.

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Jonathan Jassey