I have very crowded teeth and a large overbite. What is the process of getting braces?

See an orthodontist. Having a crowded teeth and a large overbite can make you self-conscious especially when you smile. If you decide you want the orthodontic treatment, see an orthodontist. There are many modalities for adult orthodontics. Proper diagnosis is the key to a successful treatment.
The First thing. you shoudl do is seek a consultation and exam with an orthodontic specialist. They can give you an overview of your problem and the different treatment options that are best for you.
Adult orthodontics. Start by having an evaluation by an orthodontist. Adult Orthodontics is common and everyone is different. The orthodontist will explain what your options are and what to expect. It may be helpful to get a couple of consultations and find the practices that you feel most comfortable with.
Simple. Call an Orthodontic Specialist for an initial examination (usually free or modest cost). If Orthodontic Treatment is indicated, the Orthodontist will take a suite of diagnostic records, do a full evaluation of your malocclusion, and then schedule you for treatment. Hardest part?...Your Orthodontist's bad jokes.