Anyone have experience with naltrexone and side effects?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: I use this a lot
Minimal side effects and and often life altering benefits.
The pills need to be taken twice daily and work better at 100mg/day. The shot is expensive but more effective. There is no question that this is the most underutilised med in addiction medicine mainly because doctors are either afraid of or ignorant how to detox patients from opiods. My alcoholics also stop drinking .

In brief: I use this a lot
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
In brief: Naltrexone
Potential side effects of Naltrexone (Vivitrol/ Revia) include: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loose stools, constipation, v appetite, insomnia, anxiety, irritability, headache, sedation,^ energy, v energy, rash & pain of muscles or joints.
I have minimal experience with this medication.

In brief: Naltrexone
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Not really
Officially, you can find a long list of side effects from Naltrexone and i will not say that there are no side effects.
From the practical standpoint, unless you use opioids, no significant side effects are reported. The problem with liver comes only with high doses. Some people are complaining of side effects directly related to the fact that opioid receptors are blocked.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Dr. Mark Shukhman