My dermat. Presc. Me azithromycin for a mild cellulitis dt. A mosquito bite. Is this effective?!

Not effective. Azithromycin also known as Zithromax is not an effective antibiotic for skin infections. If the infection is mild and can be watched. Signs and symptoms of more severe infection would be if the area of redness increases, fever occurs, and the area becomes tender to touch. Keeping the area clean and using soap with Triclosan temporarily would be suggested.
Yes. Azithromycin is approved to treat uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections such as mild cellulitis. It is often used in penicillin-allergic patients.