I checked my blood pressure and it was 168/117 i have a head ach and my hands and arms are swollen should i be worried ?

Dr. Loretta Obi

In brief: Yes.

BP that high in someone your age is abnormal, also with the associated symptoms, I recommend you see a doctor today ASAP or go to an urgent care facility or an ER. The risks of untreated hypertension includes stroke, heart attack/failure, kidney damage to name a few.
Good Luck.

In brief: Yes.

Good Luck.
Dr. Loretta Obi
Dr. Loretta Obi
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Headache / BP

Your blood pressure is elevated, but this by itself is not an emergency.
It is likely to be a cause of your headache. It may or may not be associated with the arm and hand symptoms. Having a BP this high suggests you should have some treatment. Do you use any medicines? Today is a good time to see your doctor. If they cannot see you, they may refer you to urgent care. Good luck!

In brief: Headache / BP

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Adam Smith

In brief: Reason for Concern

A sudden rise in BP to 168/117 with associated symptoms of headache and upper extremity swelling warrants a prompt in-person medical evaluation in the ER.

In brief: Reason for Concern

Dr. Adam Smith
Dr. Adam Smith
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine