Can septoplasty cure chronic sinusitis?

Not really. While sometimes a deviated septum can impinge on the sinus openings contributing to sinusitis, usually septoplasty is performed in order to improve the nasal airway. Ask your surgeon if any other nasal or sinus surgery is necessary to address your sinuses.
Sometimes. Chronic sinusitis is not cured by surgery including septoplasty is most cases. A severely deviated septum can crowd the space around a sinus opening and cause sinusitis when other inflammation is present. A board certified ENT specialist can determine the best course of action. A septoplasty can make the medical management of sinusitis more effective as nasal sprays can cover more nasal lining.