Can I give a 3 week old water in between feedings to help with constipation?

Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Usually not
The problem is that the child will probably not take in enough formula if you do this - i would recommend calling your doctor with your concerns.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: ???
Straining or irregular stooling doesn't mean constipation.
The nb breast fed kid may go 7-10 days without a stool or poo a little at each meal.As long as it is soft, I don't consider it constipation. If the kid is putting out dry rabbit pellets or stool bigger than your finger you can sometimes tease a stool out using vaseline on a q-tip inserted to the length of the cotton & worked around

In brief: ???
Dr. Jonathan Jassey