Can you tell me about neurofibromatosis is a rare disease?

Incidence of NF 1, . caused by a mutant Neurofibromin gene on chromosome 17, is 1:2500 - 1:3000. Each child of a person with NF 1 has a 50% chance of inheriting it. Medical & neurodevelopmental manifestations vary widely depending on size & location of nerve tumors on/under skin, in the brain & peripheral nervous system & in other organs. Learning disorders & ADHD often occur. See www.ctf.org for more information.
Mostly genetic. Neurofibromatosis,mostly inherited problem, or mutation with degrees involvement from mild to severe. Neurofibroma benign tumor that originates from the nerve cell in skin or jut under the skin.Type1 usually appears in children with brown flat skin spots, freckling in armpits, and soft tumors under the skin and sometimes bone deformity.Type2 usually benign brain tumors vestibular/acoutic neuromas.