I have sore throat x 1day. Tests done was negative for strep and mono. Do I still need to take antibiotics?

Sore throat. There are many other bacteria that can cause throat infection other than strep and mono. So you could benefit by taking antibiotics. However, in many instances throat infection is caused by viruses, and antibiotics are frequently not needed. Antibiotics could result in resistant bacteria, antibiotic-induced colitis or yeast infection. Those are some considerations. Check with your doctor.