Should I introduce my baby to fruits or vegetables first?

If vegies are introduced after fruit, babies are less eager in eating them than if they are introduced first.
Babies who grow up in vegetable eating famlies-tend to eat vegetables. Mom and dad-eat your vegies! (the baby is watching.).

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: No

It does not matter! the old thinking was that babies would be less likely to develop a " sweet tooth " if they began eating less naturally sweet food.
This has never been proven to be true and I have not seen this occur in practice. Nutritionally it does not make any difference.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Lawrence Wasser

In brief: No

It really doesn't matter much.
Some recommend vegetables first so baby doesn't get a sweet tooth and reject vegetables after tasting sweet fruits. Just be sure to offer only one new food at a time at 3-4 day intervals, so any allergic reaction can be ascribed to the offending food.

In brief: No

It really doesn't matter much.
Dr. Lawrence Wasser
Dr. Lawrence Wasser
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: No

Usually it is recommended that babies get introduced to vegetables first because the natural inclination for them will be to prefer natural sweets, and after the baby gets exposed to sweets it may be difficult to introduce other flavors.

In brief: No

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Gregg Alexander

Veggies first. Peas and green beans may not be so desirable once a child has tasted peaches and bananas.
Once they have a taste for veggies, they'll tend to keep it. This'll make it easier to keep them eating a varied diet as they get older.

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Jonathan Jassey

I would alternate them. I recommend the orange veggies and the basic fruit initially.
The green veggies are more gassy so i don't like them first. And i'm not a believer to introduce veggies first so they won't develop a sweet tooth. If a child will like a certain food then they will like it. Who's to say if it fruit was introduced second that the child will go back to the veggies.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey

Start at age 6 months with baby cereal mixed with water or formula.
Then try the small 2-ounce jars of baby food veggies. If that goes well, then try the baby food fruits; and later the meats. If making home-made baby food, just use similar flavors as the ready-made jars, such as peas, sweet potato, apple sauce, banana, lamb, etc. Use each flavor 2-3 days before adding a new flavor.

Dr. Shontae Buffington