Can i use fish oil and iron supplement together?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: You can

But fish oil is a waste of money.
Do not take iron unless you have heavy menstrual bleeding or other reason to think you are iron- deficient. A blood test can determine if you are iron-deficient, which is not exactly the same as anemic. See www.askdrhawkeye.

In brief: You can

But fish oil is a waste of money.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

Yes you can

Yes you can
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Yes,not at same time

Minerals & fatty acids combine to form soaps, so it is best to take fish oil separately from minerals (at least an hour apart).
I advise not taking iron supplements unless tests show you have low iron levels. Most men get enough iron from their diet. Too much iron increases risk of heart disease & cancer. Men who lower their iron levels by donating blood have lower risk of heart disease & cancer.

In brief: Yes,not at same time

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology