Can post partum depression cause physical symptoms . I can barely stand or function . So. Dizzy and weak abnormally. Doc wants me to get on meds ?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Can barely stand?

I would follow the Doc's advice to take meds if I were you.
Yes, postpartum depression can certainly cause physical symptoms. But the fact that you stated you could barely stand or function, so dizzy & weak abnormally indicate to me that you might need blood work and possibly other tests.

In brief: Can barely stand?

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. James Okamoto

In fact, fatigue is one of the main physical symptoms of post partum depression.
Increased somnolence (sleeping excessively) or the opposite - insomnia can also be seen in people with depression. I hope that helps. I would definitely follow up with your doctor!

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Jane Van Dis