Is rosacea an allergic reaction?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology
In brief: No
Rosacea is an inherited condition characterized by extra sensitive skin, flushing, dilated blood vessels, inflammatory bumps that mimic acne, and enlarging bumpy nose.
Common triggers are chronic sun exposure, caffeine, alcohol, and increase in core temperature, etc...The inflammatory reaction of rosacea is not histamine driven as it is in an allergic reaction.

In brief: No
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Duane Gels
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: No,but food related?
Rosacea is not an allergy to any food.
Typically patients who develop rosacea develop flushing (vasodilation) of the face, upper chest and ears after eating certain foods. Many dermatologists will ask patients with rosacea to avoid foods such as chocolate and MSG. Proven helpful? I'm not so sure; I might suggest a try at this and watch for benefit.

In brief: No,but food related?
Rosacea is not an allergy to any food.
Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
No this is more of a condition, that similar to food allergy, may respond to a food sensitivity.
However the primary problem is not allergic.

In brief: No
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Steven Seres