Generalised anxiety disorder. Condition mild but flares up once drugs are stopped. Does it mean patient needs to be on medication for life?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Not necessarily...
Depending on the meds, the body may need more or less time to adjust to not having the meds anymore.
Also, hopefully, underlying issues have been worked through in therapy and alternative ways of handling anxiety and life (eg relaxation, deep breathing, eft) learned. While meds are hopefully and usually not for life, coping with life is for life. ;) good luck!

In brief: Not necessarily...
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Krishna Kumar
In brief: Anxiety medication
Thank you for informing about Cervical spondylosis, herniated cervical disks and lower back pain.
I feel empathy for what you have gone through. I commend you for thinking “Condition Mild” Believe in Blessings of Breath of Life every 4 seconds due to which you are alive Focus on “Breath Is Life” Repeat many times every day. Do not focus on anxiety. You will not need medication for rest of life.

In brief: Anxiety medication
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Daryl Tanski
In brief: Maybe
Anxiety disorders can be chronic conditions.
Medications are not curative. They only treat the underlying condition. Longer lasting benefit with lowest effective dose of medication is best achieved with the combination of therapy and medication.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Daryl Tanski
Dr. Daryl Tanski
Dr. Eric Weisman