Can I give my 4 year old melatonin and allergy medicine ( zyrtec (cetirizine) ) in the same day? If yes what would be the proper dose of melatonin?

Dr. Holly Maes
In brief: Yes, but why??
There are no bad interactions between zyrtec (cetirizine) and melatonin.
They are safe to use together. The bigger question is why daily melatonin. I imagine it has to do with poor sleep initiation patterns, but without knowing more, i would talk to his pediatrician about its use. A usual safe dose for a 4 y/o is 3 or 5 mg at bedtime, but as important is bedtime routine, decreased stimulation, etc.

In brief: Yes, but why??
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Cindy Juster