A 5ft balloon under inflated popped near my ear I was wondering if that's going to be permanent damage and how many decibels is it Small room Thanks?

Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You failed to

mention exactly what you thought would be permanently damaged, There is no way to give you an exact decibel number for the balloon bursting.
After loud and sudden noises in close proximity to the ear there is a dampening of ossicle vibration as a protective mechanism which creates 'muffled' hearing for a while, If hearing isn't back to normal in a few days consult an ENT doctor.

In brief: You failed to

Dr. Vicken Poochikian