My boyfriend and I have oral herpes. I had a cold sore last night barely appearing, he kissed me then performed oral sex... am I in danger of genital?

Dr. Mary David

Herpes can be transmitted to the genial area by oral sex.
Since this would not be a primary out break because you already have oral herpes, the symptoms would be less severe than described for primary herpes.

Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Herpes

usually genital herpes is a different strain of herpes from the oral variety which acts different unless the cld sore was open i do not think you should worry.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Douglas Lawson
As a gyn I see non genital herpes in the genital area fairly frequently. While less severe than HSV 2 and usually has fewer outbreaks it does happen. Lots of patients with only an HSV1 antibody response.
Dr. Douglas Lawson

In brief: Possible

Its possible to transmit oral or HSV1 to the genitalia like this.
Might be a good idea to call your family doc or gyn and see if they would prescribe some valtrex (valacyclovir).

In brief: Possible

Dr. Adam Levy