Should I be conscious of my baby's fat intake?

The brain needs fat to develop.
That's why we recommend whole milk until your child is two years old (after 2 you should change to skim milk). I usually don't suggest that babies get "reduced fat" foods, like yogurt or cheese, until they're toddlers. That being said ice cream and chips should not be part of a baby's diet. If you try to offer healthy food most of the time, your baby will be fine.

The brain needs fat to develop.
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Michael Coogan

You should pay attention to her fat intake after weaning, when there is really no need for milk in the diet of any mammal.
Current evidence suggests that americans too often choose foods high in fat and cholesterol that leads to increased risk of heart disease. Encourage high quantities of fruits and vegetables, use only skim milk, and consider meatless, eggless meals several times a week.

Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Michael Coogan

In brief: No

Babies under 6 months of age are only on breastmilk or formula, so there is no need to think about a young babies fat intake.
Even if some baby foods have been started, these initial baby foods don't contain excess fat.

In brief: No

Dr. Peter Kurzweil