Taken Nexium, (esomeprazole) generic Nexium, (esomeprazole) and Protonix which cause drowsiness. Would it be worth taking Prevacid or Prilosec? Will tired feeling go away with time

Dr. Matt Wachsman

In brief: Doubtful

None of the actions of any of these drugs would have anything to do with drowsiness.
That is a very uncommon side effect of any of them. BUT Prilosec is well known to gum up the liver's ability to get other drugs out of you including all sedatives including alcohol.... so .. that one is doubly out. Otherwise, while I cannot explain why these drugs do that on you, the entire group is similar

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Eric Weisman