I have 2 sores in my mouth. 1 small bright red sore on soft palate by my teeth and 1 underneath the tip of tongue small red border white center. Can u have canker sores and oral herpes @the same time?

Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management

In brief: Anything is possible

But, the description sounds like canker sores on the tongue.
The palatal sore could be due to a canker sore, or due to periodontal issue or a tooth abscess. Get checked by a dentist.

In brief: Anything is possible

In brief: 2 sores

Either is possible, but it is not possible to diagnose without a visual examination.
See your dentist for an exam, especially if the sores have been present for longer than 10 days, or have re-occured.

In brief: 2 sores

Dr. John Michel

In brief: Possible

You can but it would be uncommon.
It is not clear but usually oral herpes present as a blister formation. What you are describing sound more like canker sores.The cause of this is not clear but smoking, stress and viral causes have all been proposed. You can talk with your doctor for the best treatment especially if they are very painful Other causes have been implicated is hot foods.

In brief: Possible

You can but it would be uncommon.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham