I have a beat of 154 per minute after jogging for exactly 1 minute and my resting heart rate is above 80 per minute is that normal?

Dr. James Stone
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Depends

This is probably normal and depends upon your underlying level of fitness.
Individuals who engage in regular exercise typically have lower resting heart rates and lower heart rate to a given level of effort expended. If do not exercise regularly it may make sense to build up to jogging by walking first. With your history of thyroid disease, it may make sense to see your doctor to further discuss.

In brief: Depends

Dr. James Stone
Dr. James Stone
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Need Conditioning

The resting heart rate is fine.
A heart rate of 154 after 1 min of jogging is high and suggests that you need to do more aerobic exercise assuming you are not having other symptoms

In brief: Need Conditioning

The resting heart rate is fine.
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology