I am 16 yo. For a few days now, I have gotten cramps every time I need to go poop or release gas. Today, I noticed my poop green. Why is this?

Dr. Sunnie Skiles

In brief: Abdominal cramps

Can have many different causes.
Included are constipation, lactose intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome, an acute infectious gastroenteritis (stomach flu), something you ate that did not agree with you, as they say. Green stools means that there is bile that was not reabsorbed. Often that happens if you have diarrhea or ate too much fat. If not better, see your doctor.

In brief: Abdominal cramps

Can have many different causes.
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Constipated?

It sounds like you are constipated.
Green color of the stool is not abnormal. However, you may need to try some stool softeners to try to cleanout some of the retained stool. Try Senna or Dulcolax (they are both over-the-counter medications) If no relief then check with your primary care doctor.

In brief: Constipated?

It sounds like you are constipated.
Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Dr. Ahmet Aybar
Dr. Jonathan Jassey