Is psoriasis genetic?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: Psoriasis Genetic
The current thinking it that is skips generations.

In brief: Psoriasis Genetic
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Clearly genetic!
Major hla genes, which are inherited in an autosomal dominant pattern, increase the likelyhood of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
The are hla-b17 (now 57 & 58), cw6, b13, b37, 38, and 39. These do not skip generations if inherited. In my patients, i find almost always direct generational linkage!

In brief: Clearly genetic!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
There are genetic causes of psoriasis, but it also can occur in people who have no history of relatives with psoriasis.
There are also certain medications that can actually be associated with developing psoriasis.

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman