I have lupus fibermyalgia RA my hands and arm feel like there on fire hands swelling and muscles hurt. Could it be from any of my illnesses?

Dr. Elvia Greathouse

In brief: Absolutely

Your swelling could be due to the RA, which would also cause pain in the joints.
Fibromyalgia can cause diffuse pain anywhere in the body. Make sure you are followed by a rheumatologist who can help get these symptoms under control. I would also suggest extra vitamin D (5000 units of D3 daily). Studies suggest that higher amounts my decrease the frequency and severity of flare-ups.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Elvia Greathouse
Dr. Elvia Greathouse
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Absolutely

It couLd be lupus rheumatoid arthritis.
It also could be a pinched nerve in your neck Or carpal tunnel syndome Therefore see your doctor and oBtain a nerve conduction test. There are medications that can treat these conditions at hand occupational therapy can also Help.

In brief: Absolutely

It couLd be lupus rheumatoid arthritis.
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

All 3 of these problems can cause your symptoms.
There are also many other reasons for your problems. The combination of RA and SLE together do happen but it is uncommon. Make sure you see a rheumatologist to sort this out.

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Dr. Howard Feinberg
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: What does

the neurologist think ? You have two conditions that are associated with neuropathy (Lupus and RA) There is also increased risk of entrapment neuropathy with RA.
Only 3 percent get parasthesias from Sonata (zaleplon). Suboxone has opiate antagonistic effect which may be exacerbating pain. Treat underlying conditions (neuropathy) You should treat the Fibromyalgia too.

In brief: What does

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Vikram Patel