I just recently had surgery for inguinal hernia on the left side. This was 4 weeks ago I have a bulge below my incision line and soreness in testicle ?

Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Surgery

In brief: Seroma vs recurrence

At 4 weeks it's possible you are just feeling the healing ridge of the repair. You may have a seroma (fluid buildup) in the hernia area , or you may have a recurrence.
If the bulge disappears when you lie down, it is probably the latter. See your surgeon, of course. Testicle soreness is not uncommon. I suggest support (briefs) and patience. Good luck.

In brief: Seroma vs recurrence

Dr. Marvin Ott
Emergency Medicine

In brief: See your surgeon

Hernia surgery is very good, but not perfect.
Hernias can occasionally reoccur. If you are having those symptoms, see your surgeon, who can examine you, and come up with a diagnosis and plan of treatment. Hope this helps!

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery