I made a bad gesture with my lower back holding 25 pound baby think I slipped my disc what's the best home remedy?

Dr. Leila Hashemi

In brief: Back pain

hi, you have not slipped a disc, what has happened especially if u r not working out that ur muscles have gone to spasm, you need to do stretch exercises, search for back exercise to do at home, if i knew which part of ur back is hurting I would've told you what kind.
Also u can try heat pack/ice pack, try Ibuprofen, too. Good luck.

In brief: Back pain

Dr. William Schmidt
What if it is?
Dr. Laura Martin

In brief: Stretch and strength

gentle stretching, anti-inflammatory, ice for first 2 days then heat.
There are back strengthening exercises on line, or can ask for a physical therapy referral to help develop a regimen. Talk to your doctor if any weakness of legs, persistent pain or numbness. Continued rest does not make for quickest recovery.

In brief: Stretch and strength

Dr. Jack Hinkle