I had foot surgery on my left foot to fix my flat foot and the doctor said that they fused my bone and put a screw. When can i walk? Physical therapy?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: This discussion

Should ONLY take place with your surgeon.
From your description it is unclear if you had a subtalar stent placed in or if you had a flatfoot reconstruction. If a subtalar stent was put in then the "screw" isn't really a screw its an implant and it did not get placed into any bone, rather was placed ina a canal between the ones.

In brief: This discussion

In brief: 6-8 weeks

If you had a fusion it takes 6-8 weeks for full healing before you can put weight on it.
Physical therapy is usually needed afterward as well. I recommend you ask your surgeon these questions since they know exactly what type of surgery you had.

In brief: 6-8 weeks

In brief: Flat foot surgery

The doctor who performed the surgery would be the best person to answer your question/

In brief: Flat foot surgery

In brief: Ask your surgeon

Your surgeon will take care of your post op care so I suggest following his advice.
But to answer your question around 4-6 weeks, could be more depending on how you heal plus what else was done ie tendon work.

In brief: Ask your surgeon

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Ask your doc

Surgeon knows best as to when u can walk on your reconstructed foot depending on the type of repair and fusion done.
IN general it is 6-10 weeks before you can walk on the foot and usually start off in a short leg boot with crutches and progressive weight bearing. Guided by the X-rays that are used to determine when the bones are fused

In brief: Ask your doc

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine