I am 25 years young and my mouth is showing signs of gum disease. Aren't I too young?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: See your dentist
Periodontal diseases can occur at any age, but most cases are in adults over age 30.
See your dentist, early diagnosis is critical for successful treatment.

In brief: See your dentist
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: No
No, periodontal disease is not an age specific disease.
It's based on bacteria and inefficient or poor oral hygiene. I recommend you see your dentist as soon as you can to stop further progression. The quicker you can stop this, the less damage that you may incur.

In brief: No
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Diane Minich
In brief: You are not too
young and need to see your dentist asap.

In brief: You are not too
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: No
See a dentist.Some really bad diseases show up as gum disease.
And you are "grinding"and wearing down your teeth.Dentist asap!

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: No
As an Orthodontist, treating a primarily tween/teen population, I see Periodontal Disease all to often.
Although there may be genetic/systemic predisposing factors, mostly what I see as a cause is compromised oral hygiene coupled with lack of routine professional care. See your Dentist before your problem becomes irreversible. Consultation with a Periodontist may be in order.

In brief: No
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics
In brief: Age not a factor
It can happen at any age.
Seek care asap. The earlier it is treated the less complicated, less time it takes and less expensive.

In brief: Age not a factor
It can happen at any age.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics
In brief: No
Depending on many factors, genetics, home care, diet, professional dental care, gum disease can occur at any age.
You need to address all of above. Doing so now will save you long term!

In brief: No
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Eric Linden
Dentistry - Periodontics
In brief: No
You should be examined by a qualified lanap periodontist.
The doctor will determine if a laser approach would be beneficial for your health. However, you might be able to control the disease if it’s early enough without any major intervention. (http://www.Drgums.Com).

In brief: No
Dr. Eric Linden
Dr. Eric Linden
2 comments
Dr. Su Fairchild
Consider CoEnzyme Q10 supplemention.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
CoQ10 will not cure an infection.
In brief: No
Gum disease can start at anytime.
Usually we see it beginning in early adulthood.You need to see your dentist for proper diagnosis.

In brief: No
Gum disease can start at anytime.
Dr. William Ledford
Dr. William Ledford
Dr. Jack Hinkle