Pain, numbness in face, Neurologist says after tests, cause is stress. He referred me to ENT, he says I have Trigeminal neuralgia. Who do i believe?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See Orofacial Pain

practitioner for a second opinion.
They are the experts in facial pain and numbness. In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted, but necessary. Unless your disease is life threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. Getting a second opinion helps you feel more confident about your diagnosis and treatment plan.

In brief: See Orofacial Pain

practitioner for a second opinion.

In brief: 2nd opinion

Hi,I would go to another neurologist(board certified) for a second opinion.
S/he can get the results of the tests performed by the first neurologist so as not to repeat them I say this because the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia is different than the treatment of stress. Hope you feel better soon.

In brief: 2nd opinion

Dr. Per Freitag
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Go with ENT

I suspect that the ENT is correct

In brief: Go with ENT

I suspect that the ENT is correct