How much bone do you need for dental implants?

5 to 8 mm. You need a minimum of 8 mm in length and 5 mm is width to place an implant. But there are many other fractures that come into play. Please talk to your dentist.
Bone Needed. An implant needs enough bone to support the correct sized implant at the proper angle. Your gums need to be healthy enough for aesthetics and to prevent infection. If you do not have enough bone to support the implant at the site, a bone graft may be an option. Your oral surgeon might need to perform a CT scan to identify which options are available. Consult your dentist for your best options.
Depends. All depends on the location and type of bone, location and position of the implant, and the forces the implant will be subjected to. Often we can place shorter implants which are wider diameter, or longer thinner ones. Surface area is important. See the Prosthodontist for evaluation and options and any referrals to the Surgeon if needed. Good Luck.
Varies. Implants come in different sizes and widths, so the amount of bone varies for each implant. In addition, you can't just place a short implant to support a long post and crown. The ratio of the crown to root would be unfavorable. Bone augmentation can be used to increase volume if necessary.
Bone grafting. You need a good quality and quantity of bone suitable for placement of dental implants. Today, implant dentistry offers the ability to grow bone where needed. Bone grafting can repair implant sites and gives the opportunity to place implants of proper length and width.