My dad is in the hospital, and I want to make sure he doesn’t get pressure sores. What is the first sign of a pressure sore?

No pressure, no sore. That sounds simple, i know that it is not. Avoidance of pressure sores requires constant vigilance on the part of caregivers for patients with spinal cord injuries or neurological disorders. A good rule of thumb is to avoid pressure on any one skin area for more than two hours. The first sign is redness of the skin over a pressure point. Skin condition should be frequently checked in hospital.
Pressure Ulcer. The first sign of pressure injury is redness of the skin or a blister with either clear or blood in the blister. Ask to be there when they are doing skin checks so that you can review with the nurses the status of his skin. Appropriate advocacy is always warranted.