Do I have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome? Tingling and numbness?

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It's possible

Numbness and tingling from carpal tunnel syndrome(cts) usually involves the thumb, index, long and ring fingers.
The symptoms are usually worse at night and with certain activities. Cts is due to compression of the median nerve at the wrist. Ring and small finger symptoms could be ulnar nerve compression at the elbow(cubital tunnel syndrome). Nerve compression in the neck can make all fingers numb.

In brief: It's possible

Dr. Eon Shin
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Carpal tunnel syndrome is one problem that can cause numbness and tingling in the fingers.
Nerve compression at the elbow (cubital tunnel syndrome) can cause similar problems. Nerves can also be pinched at the neck, shoulder, and arm. An electrodiagnostic study (emg/ncs study) can help to differentiate between these different sites of nerve compression and identify the origin of your numbness.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Gary Pess
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Tingling

Pain, numbness, tingling, weakness and night pain are the most common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.

In brief: Tingling

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Numbness and tinglin

These are common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
However, there are other problems that can lead to this such as spinal disease in the neck. I recommend that you get an evaluation by an experienced hand surgeon.

In brief: Numbness and tinglin

Dr. Eric Weisman