I slammed my hand in my car door and now my nail is black. Is this a nail disease?

In brief: Most a blood bruise

By traumatizing the sensative nailbed, you have likely caused a bruise/blood collection under the nail.
In the 1st 24-48hrs drs often release the pressure by creating a small hole in the nail with a hot needle allowing the blood pool to escape, limiting what will be a long term blood stain on the underside of the nail. The nail grows out slowly ~1-2 mm/mo & a new nail should emerge from the nailbed.

In brief: Most a blood bruise

Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology

In brief: Subungal hematoma

Go have it drained if necessary the nail may fall off but a new nail will grow to replace it.

In brief: Subungal hematoma

Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dr. Michael Tomeo