Does opiate withdrawal cause excessive urination? Trying to wean down my pain meds and even a small drink of water makes me urinate ALOT.

In brief: No

Hi,Opiate withdrawal is known to cause restlessness,watery eyes,runny nose nausea,sweating,muscle aches among other symptoms,especially if taken for a long time &stopped suddenly.
You are doing the right thing by GRADUALLY weaning yourself.To my knowledge,excessive urination is not due to opiate withdrawal.Good luck.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Opiate wwithdrawal

as a rule opiate withdrawal does no cause increased urination usually it is the opposite due to the vomiting and diarrhea

In brief: Opiate wwithdrawal

Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Dr. Robert Grindstaff