Are sneezing and itchy nose just symptoms of allergic rhinitis?

Specific symptoms. Sneezing and nasal itching are very specific for allergic rhinitis while nasal congestion and post nasal drip occur with virtually any nasal condition.
Probably. Sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion can be seen with viral infections and non-allergic rhinitis but if your nose and/or eyes are itchy it makes it more likely that your symptoms are due to an allergic reaction, that is, allergic rhinitis (rhin = nose; itis = inflammation; so rhinitis = nasal inflammation).