I have bloodwork every month. It comes back clean all the time. Today Doc told me I have Herpes (non STI kind).What's the difference? Can it affect empl

Cold sore type. Herpes Simplex Virus type I, the non-STI type, is the herpes virus that causes cold sores that people often get on the lips. It should not cause any problems with employment. HSV 2 is the sexually transmitted type of herpes.
Herpes the virus. Herpes is a virus that can be transmitted from on warm moist place to another. Herpes simplex one(HS1) used to be known as a "cold sore", and HS2 was considered a STD due to its' genital location. Well, Type I ends up in type II places and vice versa these days, so we don't make as much a distinction. You probably just have HS antibodies in your blood which are common and picked up by the test.