Are there any over-the-counter treatments for nail diseases that are effective?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Nail diseases
I believe that Lamisil (terbinafine) cream- trademark is somewhat effective for nail fungus.
That is what i think you are referring to... But there are many nail diseases, including those due to heredity, trauma, bacteria, and autoimmune diseases, even lung diseases. Please consult a dermatologist regarding the proper diagnosis and treatment of your particular nall ailment. Good luck.

In brief: Nail diseases
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Jay D Helman
Podiatry
In brief: No
A diagnosis needs to be made of the cause of your nail condition.
There are no otc medications that effectively treat any nail disease. See your podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis.

In brief: No
Dr. Jay D Helman
Dr. Jay D Helman