I have back pain & migrain today. i check my blood pressure is 151/101. i go to hospital.. the doctor give me celebrex (celecoxib) 200mg cap. have a side effect?

Dr. Howard Shapiro

In brief: Sometimes it does

The principal side effects of Celebrex (celecoxib) are stomach irritation, increase in BP.
See how you feel by tomorrow. Most people don't have serious side effects with it.

In brief: Sometimes it does

Dr. Cesar Sturla

In brief: Pretty save.

Celebrex is save, with few side effects.
Nevertheless, with your BP I would prefer you use Tylenol (acetaminophen) since Celebrex and any other COX inhibitor ( Motrin, Alleve ) may increase you BP more. It is possible that your headache is caused by hight blood pressure.

In brief: Pretty save.