What exercises good with osgood schlatter disease?

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Strenghten legs

Osgood shlatter's is typically an inflammation to the growth plate at the top of the tibia consistent with running and jumping in teenage athletes when the growth plate is still open.
I see it a lot in basketball. While there is no way to avoid it totally, quad, hamstring strengthening will help and ice and nsaids will help post activity.

In brief: Strenghten legs

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Keith Baldwin
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: RICE

Osgood schlatters is a traction injury of the patellar tendon (the one on the bottom of the kneecap) to the top of the shin bone.
When the injury or inflammation occurs on the kneecap side it's called sinding larrssen johansen syndrome when it's on the shin side it's osgood schlatters disease. The treatment is rice (rest ice compression and elevation) occasionally an infra patellar strap is useful.

In brief: RICE

Dr. Keith Baldwin
Dr. Keith Baldwin